COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve their OrePac.com experience. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: We may receive and store any information you enter on or through OrePac.com or give us in any other way. This information will normally include, for example:
- Information you submit when creating an account and/or profile with OrePac.com, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, names and contact information of people to whom your purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers and other contact information).
- Information you generate or submit when you search on OrePac.com, order through OrePac.com, post on OrePac.com, or communicate or make inquiries via OrePac.com.
- Any other information you generate or submit in the course of using the Services.
Automatic Information: OrePac receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, OrePac.com uses “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses OrePac.com. Examples of the information we might collect and analyze include:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
- Login, e-mail address, password, computer, and connection information, such as browser type, version, and time zone setting.
- Browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Purchase history.
- The full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from OrePac.com, including date and time and cookie number.
- Products and services you viewed or searched for.
- Browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our website for fraud prevention and other purposes.
- We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Information from Other Sources: OrePac might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Some examples of the information we might receive include:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Third-Party Service Providers: OrePac hires other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering items, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but no right to use it for other purposes.
- Protection of OrePac and Others: OrePac releases account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of OrePac, our customers, OrePac.com users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
OrePac will take reasonable technical and organizational measures and precautions to prevent the loss or misuse of your personal information. For example, we will protect the security of your information during transmission by using software that encrypts information you input. In addition, we will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. (Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.) To help us keep your information secure, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS